Russeltown Church: The One Hundred and Fiftieth Anniversary (1826-1976)

Type of resource
Author/collaborator
Title
Russeltown Church: The One Hundred and Fiftieth Anniversary (1826-1976)
Abstract
The Russeltown Protestant Church dates back to 1826 and was first used as a Methodist/Congregationalist meeting place. In 1853, it became a Presbyterian Church property and remained so until Church Union in 1925 whereupon it joined the newly formed United Church of Canada. It is now part of the Hemmingford United Church congregation. The church is normally used for one regular service a year - a celebration in the summer and occasional special events. The building is considered the oldest original church structure in the Chateauguay Valley. The author gives an account of some of the church's first parishioners.
Publication
Chateauguay Valley Historical Society Annual Journal/Revue annuelle de la Société historique de la vallée de la Châteauguay
Volume
Vol. 9
Pages
1-4
Date
1976
Language
en
Citation
Rogers, G. A. “Russeltown Church: The One Hundred and Fiftieth Anniversary (1826-1976).” Chateauguay Valley Historical Society Annual Journal/Revue annuelle de la Société historique de la vallée de la Châteauguay Vol. 9 (1976): 1–4.
Find in a library
Permalink