L'évolution historique et spatiale de Sherbrooke, 1794-1950

Type of resource
Authors/collaborators
Title
L'évolution historique et spatiale de Sherbrooke, 1794-1950
Abstract
Situated at the confluence of the Saint-François and Magog rivers, Sherbrooke was originally known as Hyatt's Mill until 1818 when it was renamed after Sir John Coape Sherbrooke (1764–1840), who served as Governor General of British North America from 1816 to 1818. Sherbrooke is the economic, political and cultural centre of the Eastern Townships.
Place
Sherbrooke, QC
Publisher
Université de Sherbrooke, Département de géographie
Date
1976
Language
fr
Citation
Bourque, Michel, and Jean-Pierre Thouez. L’évolution historique et spatiale de Sherbrooke, 1794-1950. Sherbrooke, QC: Université de Sherbrooke, Département de géographie, 1976.
Find in a library
Permalink