Windsor Station / La Gare Windsor

Type of resource
Author/collaborator
Title
Windsor Station / La Gare Windsor
Abstract
Montreal's Windsor Station was designed by American architect Bruce Price (1845-1903) in a Romanesque Revival style, and built between 1887 and 1889. The building underwent several expansions between 1900 and 1916, the most notable by Montreal architects Edward Maxwell (1867-1923) and William Sutherland Maxwell (1874-1952). The building served as the headquarters of the Canadian Pacific Railway from 1889 to 1996, when the company moved its headquarters to Calgary.
Place
Montreal
Publisher
Friends of Windsor Station
Date
1973
Language
en
Citation
Bean, Audrey. Windsor Station / La Gare Windsor. Montreal: Friends of Windsor Station, 1973.
Find in a library
Permalink