Russeltown Church, 1826-1976

Type of resource
Author/collaborator
Title
Russeltown Church, 1826-1976
Abstract
Considered the oldest original church stone structure in the Chateauguay Valley, Russeltown Church is situated on the Russeltown Flatts near Ste-Chrysostome. The church dates to 1826 and was first used as a Methodist/Congregational meeting place. In 1853 it became a Presbyterian Church and remained so until 1925 when the parish joined the newly-formed United Church of Canada. The church has been closed officially since 1949, but a service is held at the building every year on the last Sunday in July. The parish is now part of the Hemmingford United Church congregation.
Publication
Chateauguay Valley Historical Society Annual Journal/Revue annuelle de la Société historique de la vallée de la Châteauguay
Volume
No. 9
Pages
1-4
Date
1976
Language
en
Citation
Rogers, G. A. “Russeltown Church, 1826-1976.” Chateauguay Valley Historical Society Annual Journal/Revue annuelle de la Société historique de la vallée de la Châteauguay No. 9 (1976): 1–4.
Find in a library
Permalink