La Fabrique de pipes à Fumer Henderson. Inventaire archaéologiue sur le site Henderson-Dixon, BjFj-135, Montréal, 2005

Type of resource
Author/collaborator
Title
La Fabrique de pipes à Fumer Henderson. Inventaire archaéologiue sur le site Henderson-Dixon, BjFj-135, Montréal, 2005
Abstract
A report on an archaeological survey on the Henderson-Dixon site, located at the corner of Sainte-Catherine Street and De Lorimier Avenue, underneath the Jacques Cartier Bridge, in Montreal's east-end. This area of Montreal was developed during the second quarter of the nineteenth century, welcoming a working-class population, often of British origin. Among the newcomers were several Scottish and Irish pipe makers, most of whom settled in the area bounded by De Lorimier (Colborne) Avenue and Sainte-Catherine, Notre Dame and Dorion (Shaw) streets. The archaeological survey took place on the site of a clay tobacco pipe factory run by the Henderson family from 1847 until 1876, when it was acquired by another pipe maker, W.H. Dixon, who remained in business until 1892.
Place
Montréal
Publisher
Ville de Montréal
Date
2007
Language
fr
Citation
Roy, Christian. La Fabrique de pipes à Fumer Henderson. Inventaire archaéologiue sur le site Henderson-Dixon, BjFj-135, Montréal, 2005. Montréal: Ville de Montréal, 2007.
Find in a library
Permalink