Our History of Family Medicine: The Herzl Family Practice Centre and Department of Family Medicine of the Sir Mortimer B. Davis Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, 1912-1994

Type of resource
Author/collaborator
Title
Our History of Family Medicine: The Herzl Family Practice Centre and Department of Family Medicine of the Sir Mortimer B. Davis Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, 1912-1994
Abstract
The "Herzl Hospital and Dispensary" officially opened to Montreal's Jewish community on June 2, 1912. The dispensary was named after Theodor Herzl, the father of modern Zionism. Initially, the Herzl Dispensary provided rudimentary medical care to a community of limited means. Doctors at the Herzl Dispensary helped to spearhead the establishment of the Jewish General Hospital, which opened its doors in 1934, as well as the Federation of Jewish Philanthropies of Montreal.
Place
Montreal
Publisher
Sir Mortimer B. Davis Jewish General Hospital
Date
1994
Language
en
Citation
Regenstreif, Michael. Our History of Family Medicine: The Herzl Family Practice Centre and Department of Family Medicine of the Sir Mortimer B. Davis Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, 1912-1994. Montreal: Sir Mortimer B. Davis Jewish General Hospital, 1994.
Find in a library
Permalink