St. Stephen's Anglican Church, Chambly, Quebec

Type of resource
Author/collaborator
Title
St. Stephen's Anglican Church, Chambly, Quebec
Abstract
An architectural study of a church built in 1820 to serve the garrison of Fort Chambly as well as the civilian population of the village of Chambly. It has been in continuous use since it was erected. The Church was built in fieldstone and mortar at a cost of 1000 English pounds (building and fittings). It is 50 x 30 feet with projecting circular chancel. Original high-backed pews with doors are still in use. Seating was extended to accommodate the garrison by altering the pew arrangement in 1833 and adding side galleries in 1839. The stone font was donated by the troops.
Place
Ottawa, ON
Publisher
Heritage Commemoration Series, Environment Canada-Parks
Date
1987
Language
en
Citation
Clerk, Nathalie. St. Stephen’s Anglican Church, Chambly, Quebec. Ottawa, ON: Heritage Commemoration Series, Environment Canada-Parks, 1987.
Find in a library
Permalink