Les protestants dans la Seigneurie de Nicolet

Type of resource
Author/collaborator
Title
Les protestants dans la Seigneurie de Nicolet
Abstract
On March 6, 1821, Kennely Conor Chandler, a unilingual English-speaking Protestant, acquired the seigneury of Nicolet, a predominately French-speaking Catholic district. In 1823, Saint Bartholomew Anglican Church was built. Non-Catholics made up about 3.4 percent of the population of the Seigneury by 1831. Most of these settlers were Anglicans.
Publication
Rapport de La société canadienne d'histoire de l'Église catholique
Volume
Vol. 52
Pages
69-76
Date
1985
Language
fr
URL
Citation
Fréchette, Denis. “Les protestants dans la Seigneurie de Nicolet.” Rapport de La société canadienne d’histoire de l’Église catholique Vol. 52 (1985): 69–76. http://www.erudit.org/revue/sessions/1985/v52/n/1007003ar.pdf.
Find in a library
Permalink