Ernest Isbell Barott, architecte: une introduction/Ernest Isbell Barott, Architect: An Introduction

Type of resource
Author/collaborator
Title
Ernest Isbell Barott, architecte: une introduction/Ernest Isbell Barott, Architect: An Introduction
Abstract
The American-born and trained architect Ernest Isbell Barott (1884-1966), immigrated to Montreal in 1911 to lead the American architectural firm of McKim, Mead and White's expansion of Windsor Station. The following year, with Daniel T. Webster and Gordon H. Blackader, he formed the Montreal firm of Barott, Blackader and Webster (1912-1916). Following Blackader's death in 1916, and Webster's departure in 1917, Barott practised alone under the firm name Barott & Blackader until a series of younger partners joined him (from 1944). Among the Montreal buildings Barott designed were théâtre Saint-Denis (1914-1915), the Canada Cement building on Phillips Square (1921-1922), the expansion of the Henry Morgan and Company department store (1923) and the Aldred building on Place d'Armes (1929-1931).
Place
Montreal
Publisher
Centre canadien d'architecture/Canadian Centre for Architecture
Date
1985
Language
en
Citation
Wagg, Susan. Ernest Isbell Barott, Architecte: Une Introduction/Ernest Isbell Barott, Architect: An Introduction. Montreal: Centre canadien d’architecture/Canadian Centre for Architecture, 1985.
Find in a library
Permalink