Histoire de Coaticook, 1818-1976

Type of resource
Author/collaborator
Title
Histoire de Coaticook, 1818-1976
Abstract
Coaticook, a town in Stanstead County in the Eastern Townships, is situated on the Coaticook river, 32 kilometers south of Sherbrooke. The land now occupied by the town was settled, between 1825 and 1850, by United Empire Loyalists, who had originally located farther west. A village took shape in 1853, on the construction of the Grand Trunk Railway (now the Canadian National Railway) between Montreal and Portland. Coaticook was incorporated as a village in 1864 and as a town in 1884. In 1864 its population was entirely English speaking. Today, its population is almost ninety percent French-speaking.
Place
Sherbrooke, QC
Publisher
Éditions Sherbrooke
Date
1976
Language
fr
Citation
Dandenault, Roch. Histoire de Coaticook, 1818-1976. Sherbrooke, QC: Éditions Sherbrooke, 1976.
Find in a library
Permalink