Diamond Jubilee, 1902-1977

Type of resource
Title
Diamond Jubilee, 1902-1977
Abstract
St. Michael's and St. Anthony's Catholic Church, in the Mile End district of Montreal, was originally named the Church of St. Michael the Archangel. The church was built in 1915 using a Byzantine architectural style, popular with the Pope of the day, to accommodate what was to become the largest English-speaking Irish Catholic parish at that time in what was then a predominately Irish neighbourhood. Today, the parish is reflective of the Mile End district, a multicultural congregation, mostly Polish and Italian. The church is considered the mother church of Polish Catholics in the city.
Place
Montreal
Publisher
St. Michael's and St. Anthony's Catholic Community
Date
1977
Language
en
Notes

Includes some text in Polish.

Citation
Diamond Jubilee, 1902-1977. Montreal: St. Michael’s and St. Anthony’s Catholic Community, 1977.
Find in a library
Permalink