Hommage aux Irlandais et Écossais du Plateau. Inauguration d'une plaque historique pour l'ancienne paroisse St. Dominic

Type of resource
Author/collaborator
Title
Hommage aux Irlandais et Écossais du Plateau. Inauguration d'une plaque historique pour l'ancienne paroisse St. Dominic
Abstract
St. Dominic's, an English-speaking Roman Catholic parish at the corner of Delorimier and Gilford in Montreal's east-end (now known as Plateau Mont-Royal), existed from 1912 to 2008. The original parishioners were predominately of Irish and Scottish origins. The last mass at the church was celebrated on September 21, 1975, and the parish moved to other locations. The parish was finally dissolved in 2008. In 2010, an plaque was erected at the site of the former church (now a community garden) to commemorate the parish.
Publication
Bulletin de la Société d'histoire et de généalogie du Plateau-Mont-Royal
Volume
Vol. 5
Issue
no. 3
Pages
3-4
Date
Automne 2010
Language
fr
Citation
Ouellet, Richard. “Hommage aux Irlandais et Écossais du Plateau. Inauguration d’une plaque historique pour l’ancienne paroisse St. Dominic.” Bulletin de la Société d’histoire et de généalogie du Plateau-Mont-Royal Vol. 5, no. 3 (Automne 2010): 3–4.
Find in a library
Permalink