Semi-Centennial Celebrations of the American Presbyterian Church of Montreal

Type of resource
Author/collaborator
Title
Semi-Centennial Celebrations of the American Presbyterian Church of Montreal
Abstract
The first building of the American Presbyterian Church opened in 1825 at the north-east corner of rue Saint-Jacques and Victoria Square. In 1866, a new building was completed on the south-east corner of René Lévesque and Drummond. Montreal's American Presbyterian Church was affiliated with the Presbytery of New York for its first century. In 1925 it joined the newly-formed United Church and became known as the American United Church. In 1934 the congregation amalgamated with the Erskine United Church on Sherbrooke Street to become the Erskine and American United Church. The building is today part of the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts.
Place
Montreal
Publisher
D. Bentley
Date
1873
Language
en
Citation
Wells, George H. Semi-Centennial Celebrations of the American Presbyterian Church of Montreal. Montreal: D. Bentley, 1873.
Find in a library
Permalink