St. Mungo's Church, The United Church of Canada, Cushing, P.Q.: A Booklet Giving a Brief Outline of the History of St. Mungo's Church for 125 Years and More in the Lower Ottawa River Valley

Type of resource
Author/collaborator
Title
St. Mungo's Church, The United Church of Canada, Cushing, P.Q.: A Booklet Giving a Brief Outline of the History of St. Mungo's Church for 125 Years and More in the Lower Ottawa River Valley
Abstract
St Mungo's is a stone church, originally Presbyterian, built in 1836 by the stonemasons who worked on the Ottawa River canals under the supervision of the Royal Staff Corps. It is reminiscent of early 19th century Scottish country parish churches in its Georgian proportions, large side windows and central tower. The interior with its gallery around three sides, box pews and high pulpit has remained largely unchanged since it was first built.
Place
Cushing, QC
Publisher
The Church
Date
1958
Language
en
Citation
Watson, J. Ralph. St. Mungo’s Church, The United Church of Canada, Cushing, P.Q.: A Booklet Giving a Brief Outline of the History of St. Mungo’s Church for 125 Years and More in the Lower Ottawa River Valley. Cushing, QC: The Church, 1958.
Find in a library
Permalink