St. George's Church, Montreal, Jubilee Celebration, 1870-1920

Type of resource
Title
St. George's Church, Montreal, Jubilee Celebration, 1870-1920
Abstract
The original St. George's Anglican Church opened on June 30, 1843, located on Notre-Dame Street. As the congregation grew, land for a new church was acquired at the corner of Peel Street and De la Gauchetière Street. This new St. George's was designed by Montreal architect William Tutin Thomas (1829-1892), constructed in 1869, and opened its doors on October 9, 1870. The church's bell tower was completed in 1894, designed by Montreal architect Alexander Francis Dunlop (1842-1923).
Place
Montreal
Publisher
[s.n.]
# of Pages
8p.
Language
en
Citation
St. George’s Church, Montreal, Jubilee Celebration, 1870-1920. Montreal: [s.n.], n.d.
Find in a library
Permalink