A History of the Mackay School for the Deaf

Type of resource
Author/collaborator
Title
A History of the Mackay School for the Deaf
Abstract
A study of the growth and development of a centre of specialized education for deaf Anglophone children in Montreal. The Mackay Institution for Protestant Deaf Mutes was founded in 1869 by Thomas Widd. In 1960, it merged with the School for Crippled Children and became know as the Mackay Rehabilitation Centre for deaf and motor-impaired children. In 2006 it merged with the Montreal Association for the Blind to become the MAB-Mackay Rehabilitation Centre. The author gives an overview of the social and cultural conditions of nineteenth century as they pertain to Montreal.
Type
Master's Thesis
University
McGill University
Place
Montreal
Date
1960
Language
en
URL
Citation
Haworth, Lorna Helen. “A History of the Mackay School for the Deaf.” Master’s Thesis, McGill University, 1960. http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/obj/thesescanada/vol2/QMM/TC-QMM-112825.pdf.
Find in a library
Permalink