|Type of resource|
Dunham was proclaimed a Township in 1796, the first to be officially established in Lower Canada. The Township municipality was set up in 1845, and the village municipality in 1867, which amalgamated in 1971 to form the town of Dunham. The first settlers arrived around 1820. Dunham took its name in honour of Sir Thomas Dunn, born in England and one of the 35 concession-owners in the Township in 1796.
Éditions L. Bilodeau
Dunham, 1867-1992. Sherbrooke, QC: Éditions L. Bilodeau, 1992.
|Find in a library|