La tannerie Moseley. Fouille archaéologique au site de la tannerie Moseley, BiFj-54, Montréal 2001

Type of resource
Author/collaborator
Title
La tannerie Moseley. Fouille archaéologique au site de la tannerie Moseley, BiFj-54, Montréal 2001
Abstract
Edward V. Moseley, an American industrialist attracted by the economic development potential offered by the 1825 opening of the Lachine Canal, bought a piece of undeveloped land in Saint-Henri in 1858 on which to build a tannery. The land lay to the south of Saint-Augustin Street, bordered by the Lachine Canal and the Grand Trunk Railway, in a district known as Saint-Henri-des-Tanneries because of the areas leatherworking tradition. Moseley's factory went into service in 1859.
Place
Montréal
Publisher
Ville de Montréal
Date
2007
Language
fr
Citation
Arkéos Inc. & Archéocène Inc. La tannerie Moseley. Fouille archaéologique au site de la tannerie Moseley, BiFj-54, Montréal 2001. Montréal: Ville de Montréal, 2007.
Find in a library
Permalink