The McGill Architecture of Percy Erskine Nobbs

Type of resource
Author/collaborator
Title
The McGill Architecture of Percy Erskine Nobbs
Abstract
Percy Erskine Nobbs (1875-1964) came to Montreal from Scotland in 1903 to be the second MacDonald Professor of Architecture and Director of the Department of Architecture at McGill University. He continued as Director until 1910, and as Professor of Design until 1940. The author examines seven major commissions executed by Nobbs for McGill University between 1904 and 1931 as a means of determining his design philosophy and creative growth. The works are: the McGill University Union, the Macdonald Engineering Building, the extension to the University Library, the Osler Library, the Pathological Institute, the Pulp and Paper Research Institute of Canada, and an extension to the Royal Victoria College.
Type
Master's Thesis
Place
[S.l.]
Date
1979
Language
en
URL
Citation
Wagg, Susan W. “The McGill Architecture of Percy Erskine Nobbs.” Master’s Thesis, 1979. http://spectrum.library.concordia.ca/5212/1/MK41381.pdf.
Find in a library
Permalink