Historical Sketch: Reddy Memorial Hospital, Montreal, and Biography of Dr. Herbert L. Reddy

Type of resource
Author/collaborator
Title
Historical Sketch: Reddy Memorial Hospital, Montreal, and Biography of Dr. Herbert L. Reddy
Abstract
The Montreal-born Dr. Herbert Lionel Reddy (1854-1936) began his association with The Women's General Hospital, as the Reddy Memorial was known during his lifetime, in 1886. The Women's Hospital was originally located on the top floor of the Mills Building of the Western Hospital on Dorchester Street. After several moves, the Women's Hospital eventually relocated to Tupper Street. In 1945 the hospital was re-named The Herbert Reddy Memorial Hospital in honour of Dr. Reddy's over fifty years as the Superintendent Physician in Charge and the Head of the Obstetrical Department. In 1951 the building was re-named the Reddy Memorial Hospital. The hospital closed in 1997.
Place
Montreal
Publisher
[s.n.]
Date
1958
Language
en
Citation
Bentley, William. Historical Sketch: Reddy Memorial Hospital, Montreal, and Biography of Dr. Herbert L. Reddy. Montreal: [s.n.], 1958.
Find in a library
Permalink