From Osler’s Library to the Osler Library of the History of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal: An Overview

Type of resource
Author/collaborator
Title
From Osler’s Library to the Osler Library of the History of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal: An Overview
Abstract
The Osler Library of the History of Medicine was opened in 1929 at McGill University. Sir William Osler (1849-1919), Canada’s most famous medical man of his era, had bequeathed his magnificent library of almost 8,000 historical works on medicine and science to the university. Under the thirty-year reign of its first librarian, Dr. W.W. Francis, the Osler Library is famous for its expanded collection of rare books on the history of the health sciences.
Publication
Canadian Bulletin of Medical History/Bulletin canadien d’histoire de la médecine
Volume
Vol. 24
Issue
no. 1
Pages
189-203
Date
2007
Language
en
Citation
Lyons, Christopher. “From Osler’s Library to the Osler Library of the History of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal: An Overview.” Canadian Bulletin of Medical History/Bulletin canadien d’histoire de la médecine Vol. 24, no. 1 (2007): 189–203.
Find in a library
Permalink