The Dowker Residences: A Study of the Homes in their Historic Context

Type of resource
Author/collaborator
Title
The Dowker Residences: A Study of the Homes in their Historic Context
Abstract
Tadja Hall, originally known as Throstle Lodge, was built in the mid-1880's by Lieutenant-Colonel George Dowker in Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue. Dowker purchased the property, with house and cow shed, in the early 1860s. The original house was destroyed by fire and its replacement was built on the same site. Dowker named the new residence "Throstle Lodge" after the English bird sent to him by his cousin. In 1975 the property was acquired by the Macdonald Stewart Foundation, and on November 10, 1978 the residence was officially opened as "Tadja Hall" by Dr. David Stewart, named after his favourite cat. It now serves as the Faculty Club of McGill University's Macdonald Campus.
Type
research paper
University
School of Architecture, McGill University
Place
Montreal
Date
1992
Language
en
Citation
Kubanek, Jan. “The Dowker Residences: A Study of the Homes in Their Historic Context.” Research paper, School of Architecture, McGill University, 1992.
Find in a library
Permalink