Club de Curling Lennoxville / Lennoxville Curling Club: 75 ième anniversaire / 75th anniversary, 1923-1998

Type of resource
Title
Club de Curling Lennoxville / Lennoxville Curling Club: 75 ième anniversaire / 75th anniversary, 1923-1998
Abstract
On April 23, 1923, thirty prominent men of Lennoxville meet at the Lennoxville Town Hall to form the Lennoxville Curling Association. Robert McMurray was elected the President and William H. Ames the Vice-President. The Curling Association sold 300 shares at $10 each to finance the purchasing of the land and building the rink with the balance borrowed for a total of $4000 for the project. The Lennoxville Curling Club was opened for play on January 5, 1924. The Lennoxville Ladies Curling Club was established in December 1931. In 2005, the Lennoxville Curling Club and the Lennoxville Ladies Curling Club merged into one club to form the Lennoxville Curling Club.
Place
Lennoxville, QC
Publisher
Lennoxville Curling Club
Date
1998
Language
en
Citation
Club de Curling Lennoxville / Lennoxville Curling Club: 75 Ième Anniversaire / 75th Anniversary, 1923-1998. Lennoxville, QC: Lennoxville Curling Club, 1998.
Find in a library
Permalink